Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Kumar (Minus Harold) Goes to the White House

If you're a House fanatic, 'scuse me for potentially spoiling last night's episode for you. Relax, I'm not going to tell you what happened. All I will say is that Kal Penn is working for a different House now. The White House! Read about it here: http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2009-04-07-penn-white-house_N.htm.

So apparently Kal Penn and the prez got to be friendly on the campaign trail (you may have noticed their embrace at Obama's inauguration jam). And now Penn's going to be representing Asian-Americans as the associate director in the Office of Public Liaison.

Who would have thought this guy, essentially the only Indian-American actor to get lead roles in somewhat mainstream films, would have ended up helping to running our country? Well, I hope he doesn't muck it up. I'd love to see more Asian-Americans in future administrations.

2 comments:

Christine said...

I heard many "House" fans were seriously P-offd at his character's suicide. O well, one tv show's loss becomes America's gain.

Also Div, in the show Penn plays Dr. Kutner. He was adopted....sounds like someone we know...ahem Kenneth?

divadiv said...

OMG Kenneth, I was thinking the same thing. His post will come one day.