Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Surprise! Snuggie's Back.

And now to lighten the mood. I don't always take myself too seriously.

As someone who takes an interest in fashion, and prides herself on dressing well (some of the time), going over photos of NY's Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, I was shocked to realize that my taste has become less discerning. Well, that or those damn Snuggies have grown on me.


I saw this photo and my first thought was, this is a hot outfit. Kinda Cruella de Vil but, I like it. Upon closer inspection, I discovered that no, this is not some sort of floor-length coat/cape thing. And it's not a dress. It's one of those Snuggies, the wearable blanket. I remember when the Snuggie/Slanket/insert silly blanket name phenomenon first started, when people started to mock those campy commercials. And everybody said, "I wouldn't be caught dead wearing one of those outside the house." I for one, despite my propensity for freezing in 50 degree weather, never considered buying one, thinking that I was about that fad. Well, what do you know? Snuggie's catering to the fashionable crowd now.

You can read about the company's runway debut here:

http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/style/59363707.html?elr=KArks7PYDiaK7DUoaK7D_V_eDc87DUiacyKUnciaec8O7EyUr

So, what do you guys think? Would you leave the house in this get up? Or are Snuggies just as ridiculous as ever?

No comments: